Monday, July 13, 2009

Lead by Example

I've been seeing a lot of posts lately about how to become a leader, or to be seen as an expert at something, or a step-by-step formula for how to make 6 figures by the end of the year. Blech.

What I would really like to see is more of these people/companies who profess to know the solution actually demonstrate it in something other than a loosely veiled money making scheme. It just feels like the next great weight loss shake and doesn't make any sense to me.

It's truly is a very simple 3 step formula, available here for free:

1. Be honest
2. Understand your customers' needs and wants
3. Be good at what you do.

It takes time to build a great reputation. I think even longer these days since we're conditioned to think someone is trying to rip us off.

If I'm not already aware of you, or if you haven't been recommended by someone I already trust, it will take time before you gain my trust and subsequently my available dollars.

Period.

No comments: