Sunday, August 2, 2009

It takes 30 days to make a habit?

I read a post yesterday by Katy over at Alpaca Farm Girl and it got me thinking... What a good idea. Do something small every day that's good for you.

I spend a lot of time in a chair; in front of a computer, in a car, on a plane, waiting for a plane, knitting, spinning, reading. My hips and hamstrings are outrageously tight.

So in small-way-sister-solidarity, I've decided to stretch. I will stretch every morning starting today, August 2nd, so hopefully by August 31st it will be automatic.

2 comments:

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

Yea for the stretching! I just drank my water. I'm not into all the things we "should" do, but I hope that we can make one habit this month.

I think I need to do it at the same time each day though or it's not going to work as well. When are you stretching?

Kathryn Ray said...

Good for you!

I think the same time of day helps too, especially since we're trying to make habits.

I am stretching in the morning before I shower.