Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Who Wants to go Swimming?

Our girl Kocoa loves to splash in the water.

It's actually quite frustrating.  Whenever we clean and refill the water buckets, she splashes in them.  Which makes them very dirty.

Last week she started splashing during the refilling instead of after. 


The other girls were begging to be sprayed too. My husband called me over to try to keep them away from the buckets so he could at least get some water in them. I tried, but pretty much just laughed and took pictures.
 
 



We bought a plastic kiddie pool that we will put out after shearing this weekend. Hopefully then, Kocoa will splash in the pool and not their water buckets.

4 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

My herd loves their water time. My kids fight over who can spray them down in the summer. I have a huacaya maiden that actually tap dances in front of the spray.

It's like watching kids. Hopefully the kiddie pool helps...I don't have one so I can't give advice other than to say...I bet she continues to step in the water bucket.

Kathryn Ray said...

It's so funny. I've heard some like to be sprayed, but I hadn't seen it before.

oak haven alpacas said...

We have one girl like that. We finally had to get straps to hang the water buckets, or she'd have them dirty before anyone could drink.

She loves the pool, so that is a great idea. Do be careful, because I have heard of cria being born in a pool and drowning:( We make sure to empty the pool when we aren't outside just to be sure no accidents happen. She loves the pool so much, we still use it, just with caution.

Kathryn Ray said...

Cara - thanks for the info. I'm happy to hear your girl likes the pool.

We will put it out on Sunday and see how it goes.