Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vacation

Hubba and I took a little vacation.... a long weekend in Duluth, MN around the Grandma's Marathon. Hubba ran the race, so for him it was a working vacation.

This was the first time Hubba and I had travelled together since the alpacas came to stay with us.  We each travel quite a bit, so being away from the animals is not new.  However, being away from the animals together is a new feeling.

Since I'm a planner and project manager, I prepared a sheet that included how much to feed the alpacas and our dog along with important phone numbers.  My mom agreed to stay at our place and handle the chores, ear scratching and belly rubbing.  The neighbors promised to keep an eye out for anything unusual.

We had a dry run a couple of weeks ago.

Of course everything was fine and we had a fun weekend away.... but honestly, there is no place like home.

2 comments:

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I'm glad the trip went smoothly! Did you enjoy Duluth?

oak haven alpacas said...

It is hard to go away together with a farm. I laughed at your post, I'm the same way, I write out a big sheet of paper with instructions. It's amazing how many words it takes to state what we do everyday!