Friday, July 9, 2010

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece 2010, part 1

As I mentioned last week, the Tour de Fleece started on Saturday.

I've been spinning the roving for my BFF hat.  I realized as I started that this was the first time I ever spun a dyed roving let alone one that was multiple colors.  I found it interesting how the colors changed.  For the most part the changes are subtle, but when I pre-drafted the roving I got larger sections of each color.


As promised, here is the progression of my progress over the week.

Saturday, July 3rd:

Sunday, July 4th:

Monday, July 5th:

Tuesday, July 6th:

Wednesday, July 7th:

Thursday, July 8th:


Head over to the Wonder Why Blog and see what else is going on for Fiber Arts Friday.

7 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I love how that roving is transforming into yarn too. Keep up the amazing work. Your friend is going to have a beautiful hat when this is done.

Dutch Hollow Acres said...

I love the shine of that roving and I'm amazed how it keeps in the yarn too. I agree, your friend will have a lovely hat when done.

Anonymous said...

Wowza, that's some gorgeous yarn you're making!

Jess

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

I love you, your yarn, you are a spinning diva, and I'm only a bit envious of your mastery. Mostly proud to know you, your rock star girl!

AllyB said...

Beau-ti-ful colors! Can't wait to see the hat progress.

Jb said...

That yarn is stunning!

I have an old spinning wheel that I bought last fall, but I've never spun roving on it...I've only been plying. I can feel myself slowly getting sucked into the idea of some real spinning, though.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Oh, you are doing so great! You'll love the gentle undulations of color in the final yarn. It gives it nice life without fighting any stitch patterns.