Saturday, October 9, 2010

Not So Happy Caturday

Three weeks ago I announced that we had a new barn cat.

Today I tell you that we are again, kitty-less.

The cat has been AWOL for about 10 days.  There are no signs in the neighborhood.  He is not at the Humane Society.  The owls are back.  The fox and coyotes are still around.  There has been no food or litter-box activity in about a week.

Yes, I know the life expectancy for barn cats is shorter than most cats, but it makes me sad to have lost a second cat in less than a year to the food chain.

So, for now, we will be using mouse traps in the barn.

2 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

Our Furball has been missing for three weeks too.

Friend is still killing chipmunks right and left but his sister is missing. I fear the worse. Sister Bear has this fantasy that she is living at the end of the road with this elderly couple we see once in a while. She tells me that they love her so much they won't let her be an outdoor kitty.

I love her story...

Unknown said...

Oh, so sorry. It's never easy to lose an animal, barn cat or otherwise. My condolences.

We lost a beloved cat in June, and now I'm typing this with great difficulty as our newest family member - a sweet yet manically spastic kitten - jumps with her full weight onto my keyboard. Over and over again. Sigh.

Best wishes to you, Godspeed to your furry one.