Friday, November 26, 2010

Fiber Arts Friday: Plumber Sweater, part 4

When last we checked in on the Plumber Sweater, the second sleeve was in progress.

This time, both sleeves are complete and the same length.  Yay!


I am preparing to join them to the body of the sweater.


This is my first time down the sweater-to-sleeve joining road, and we know that sometimes I don't read instructions very well.  So, I plan to take my time and make sure I really understand what I'm supposed to do next.  Perhaps I should add life-lines now...

Also, I'm a little nervous because I saw that short rows are coming up and I haven't done those before either.  Yep, I will definitely go add those life-lines now.

It's a good thing that I have a football game coming up this afternoon.  I can usually make a lot of progress during a football game.  By the way, I hope CU does well against Nebraska.  It's been a tough year, so one can always hope. ;-)

If you're state-side, I hope your Thanksgiving weekend is wonderful.  If you're elsewhere, I hope your weekend is wonderful too.

Be sure to increase the probability of wonderfulness by heading over to Wisdom Begins in Wonder because it is Fiber Arts Friday.

5 comments:

Melissa Plank said...

This is looking nice, lovely job!

WonderWhyGal said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see the sleeves attached. You will do great. I was just asking a pattern writer, this morning at the yarn shop, about using life lines and she just laughed and said she never uses them. She then proceeded to tear out a whole lotta rows on a new lace pattern she is writing. Um, yeah, I vote for life line.

AllyB said...

I love the color of your sweater. Be not afraid of the short rows! I actually enjoy them when I'm working socks, they can be so magical. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Kathryn Ray said...

LOL! I think life lines are a necessary tool. Although I haven't used them very much.

In this case
* it would be a pain to rip it back, then
* put all of those stiches in the right configuration back on the needles, AND
* it's taken me more than a year to get this far

The life lines are going in.

And, I'm headed to youtube to get some bearings on the short rows.

Anonymous said...

A sweater, how awesome! I can't wait to see it next week! :)