Friday, January 14, 2011

Fiber Arts Friday: Finished Cashmere/Silk Yarn

Back in October, I showed the Cashmere/Tussah Silk yarn I was spinning.  It is now finished.  :-)


I wound it on my Christmas niddy-noddy and have to say, I may not ever use my itty-bitty-teeny-tiny-niddy-noddy ever again.  ;-)


I just love this yarn... the color, the lustor, the softness are all fantastic.  Of course there are areas that are over-spun and the gauge is a little bit wonky, but I do love it.  :-)


It's 2.875 ounces, 104 yards at about 18 wpi of liquid silver.  I have a (currently top secret) plan for this yarn which includes a lot of other yarn to make. 

Details will come later because this project has been bumped for a quasi-commission piece. :-)  But I will give you a sneak peak of the lovely-ness to be paired with it... 100% Black Huacaya Alpaca from Wonder Why Alpaca Farm.


In the meantime, please head over to the Wonder Why Gal's blog and see the wonderful projects others have shared for Fiber Arts Friday.

11 comments:

Dutch Hollow said...

Mmmm lovely luster

Inspiration Fibers said...

OH so pretty. Just want to touch it!

WonderWhyGal said...

The cashmere/silk is gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you do with it. I've yet to spin cashmere.

I hope you enjoy the black huacaya. I can't wait to see what you spin it in to.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Word Lily said...

Gorgeous silvery yarn!

Lapdog Creations said...

Pretty! Happy FAF!

Allison said...

I would love to knit something with that!

The Critter Ranch said...

What a great sheen on that single
I'm looking forwards to seeing what you create with it

Anonymous said...

Ooh, silver and black, I'm in love already!

Jess

AllyB said...

Be-u-ti-full! yarn. I have one of Andrea's black batts and I cannot wait to get started on it

Kathryn Ray said...

AllyB - yay!

mintfabricsin said...

For some exotic 100% Silk Yarns and Fibers visit - www.silkindian.com

They have some lovely Silk Fibers which can be easily blend with other fibers.