Monday, January 31, 2011

Winter is Back

It was about 6 degrees F when I fed the alpacas this morning.  A far cry from the 60 degrees F of a few days ago.


There's a layer of ice over everything then a small amount of snow on top.

It doesn't look like much but it's c-c-cold and slippery out there.  Of course, I've got my St. Paul Parka, several layers of long-johns and woolies and big snow boots to keep me warm and upright.

With the winds being calm, all of the alpacas were out of their shelters enjoying their toasty warm coats.  I like how they look with the snow sprinkled over the top of them.  I didn't take any photos of that though because my fingers were too cold.

3 comments:

Spinster Beth said...

Oh, how wonderful would it be to have an alpaca coat! I could line it with something really warm, like bison or quiviut ... I'd never be cold again!

Kathryn Ray said...

That sounds like a very nice coat. :-)

Alexandra said...

Lovely picture! The alpacas must look adorable in the snow :)