Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thoughts on Easter

Yesterday morning, the day before Easter, it was snowing at home in Colorado.


There were several commercials during the morning news advertising spring dresses.  It reminded me that as a child, growing up in the Rocky Mountains, I never understood those advertisements.

We would go to Easter Mass, dressed a little nicer than for normal Mass, but our outfit was always finished off with a pair of worn out snow boots and a heavy coat.  The Easter Egg Hunt always took place in the house and often there was a fire in the fireplace.  I could not understand that people were able to wear spring dresses, white shoes and Easter Bonnets or search for Easter Eggs in a park during this time of year.


Of course now I understand that in some places it is actually warm and spring-like on Easter, but my experience of Easter still includes worn out winter garments.


I hope you had a great weekend full of promise for the new season.

No comments: