Sunday, July 31, 2011

Alpacamundo: Baby Bellies

It's subtle, so maybe I'm convincing myself that it's there.

Daisy is due in 2 weeks

Alpacas don't really look pregnant until they are very close to giving birth.  Also, the younger girls are able to hide it longer.  The subtlety I'm seeing is that their waists are beginning to disappear and they look just a little bit more round.

Frieda is also due in 2 weeks

Daisy and Frieda are with their first cria.  These are our two very first female cria and now they are pregnant with their very first cria.  It's pretty exciting times here on the Alpacamundo Farm.  They are due in two weeks.

Kocoa is with her third and not due until October.

Kocoa on the left, is due with her 3rd cria in October.
Keyla on the right, is open.
 Keyla is not with cria.

Finally, a shot of all of our girls together... just because I like it. :-)

5 comments:

sarah in the woods said...

Your alpacas are so pretty, and so are your yarns. I love spinning soft alpaca.

Voie de Vie said...

Well, knowing how secretive they are when giving birth (from Andrea's blog!), I do hope you get the opportunity to visually update us when the births happen.

Spinster Beth said...

One of my co-workers has four girl alpacas, and she thought all four were pregnant ... turns out only two were! The other two were faking!

Hope yours aren't!

Kathryn Ray said...

Well, so far the only one that's really acting pregnant is Kocoa, who isn't due until October. She did the same thing last year... she acted miserable for 2 1/2 months.

I will definatly post when the cria come. There isn't much cuter, in my opinion... except maybe puppies. ;-)

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Such cuties! V. excited to see baby pictures soon :)