Friday, March 1, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday: Pay-it-Forward, part 2

I finished my second Pay-it-Forward project.  It's amazing how much having the right gauge solves so many problems.  ;-)

Recipient #2 is a friend from work, from years ago... back in the airplane factory days.  She came out to help with alpaca shearing one day and has been a huge supporter of Hubba and me following our dreams of farming and raising alpacas in Colorado... even though it meant moving away.

She lives in New Mexico which has very mild winters, but spends a lot of time in Wisconsin, which does not have very mild winters.  So I thought the Bandana Cowl would be a good choice for her.


Note there is no difference in the stitches between the short rows toward the bottom and knit in the round toward the top. :-)



I used Malabrigo in the SFO Sky colorway.  It's very cosy and perfect for being up against the neck.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

10 comments:

kathy b said...

Very cute cowl...love it

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

It looks great, Kathryn! I'm glad you finally found the right yarn/gauge to make this project work.

Unknown said...

It does look cozy. I should look at that for those times I have on a V-neck sweater. Very pretty.

Carol said...

Very nice and I love working with Malabrigo. You got me thinking about NM - my husband and I love to visit there!

Melissa said...

Nice...I'm sure your friend will love it.

Vivian said...

Now you are making me all curious about what I'm going to get!

Voie de Vie said...

Very intriguing pooling! Worked out well, though. :)

Cathy Johnson said...

Looks very cosy and comfy, I'm sure your friend would love it :)

WonderWhyGal said...

Love that yarn with that pattern.

Alittlebitsheepish said...

This pattern is brilliant, not seen it before. A lovely gift for your friend