Friday, August 8, 2014

Fiber Arts Friday: Bandit's Yarn


The yarn I made from our Medium-Silver-Grey Herdsire, Smokey's Bandit, did not win any ribbons at our county fair.  :-(  However the judge did leave some nice comments. :-)


I have to admit that the other yarns were better than mine.  So there are a couple of things to keep in mind over the next year.  ;-)

I've started spinning a second skein and am planning to make this gorgeous hat for myself.


I have definitely gotten more selfish with my knitting over the years.  When I first re-learned how to knit, I only wanted to make gifts for people.  Since then, my threshold for knit-worthy has gone up... a lot.

Over the last year or so, most of the things I start are intended for me.  Some still become gifts for those deemed to be knit-worthy, but I am keeping my projects much more often.  :-)

Be sure to check in with the other Fiberistas over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder for Fiber Arts Friday.

1 comment:

WonderWhyGal said...

I love that skein and hopefully you did get some good comments to help improve your spinning. I'm taking my first official spinning class next week. Never had one before. I'm hoping that helps me improve. Selfish knitting is good. Especially for a woman as busy as you. You deserve to reap the rewards of your work. I do that. Sometimes, when it's finished, it decides it wants another owner then the knitworthy person might get it but quite often, it's intended for me.