Friday, August 7, 2015

Fiber Arts Friday: County Fair

The I entered two yarns into our local county fair this year.

A single from one of our alpacas, Bandit,


and a single of silk that I spun from purchased roving.


Both yarns were finished this spring.

We went to the opening day of the fair last Friday.  I was joking with Hubba, telling him that we needed to go see my ribbons.

Both yarns are better than what I entered last year and there are a lot (A LOT) of very good fiber artists around here.  So after receiving constructive comments last year, I really was just hoping for good marks.

Then, from a distance, I saw this...


and then this...


I'm so excited about the blue ribbon for my alpaca as well as a special recognition from the local weaver's guild... especially after getting no ribbons last year.  :-D

I'm also very pleased with second place on my silk.  This yarn was challenging to spin.

Both yarns received nice comments from the judge.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

1 comment:

Spinster Beth said...

Congratulations!! Well earned!