Friday, January 22, 2016

Fiber Arts Friday: Alpaca Cape, part 5

Last time (May 2014) I was still unsure about my repaired cross.  It's second from the top and looked pouchy to me in person.

repaired cross is second from the top

But after resting on the guest bed for a few weeks, I decided it wasn't too bad and put the project back on my WIP shelf.

I finally I picked it up last month.  It took me a bit to figure out where I was and remind myself of what I was doing... just a few rows after cable cross #6 with a total of 22 called for by the pattern.


I've been working on it a little bit almost every day since, and am now up to cable cross #10.


This will be a very generous wrap when finished, so in the event that I don't have enough yarn I have a backup plan for the bind off.

It's now 46 inches wide/long, with 12 cable crosses and ~3.5 balls to go... and each row taking a little longer than the last.  ;-)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!