Friday, July 8, 2016

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece 2016, part 1

Barely into this year's Tour de Fleece and I was already thinking about changing my plan.  But I held strong and started with the small amount of yak cloud that has been in my stash since October 2008... that's as old as this blog. Yikes!  I guess Team Spin Your Stash is the right place for me this year.  ;-)


Saturday, July 2nd
I had some trouble getting started with the leader I had on this bobbin, but once I replaced it with a longer, finer gauge things started progressing.

My goal is to spin at least 10 minutes every day. This represents about an hour. 


Sunday, July 3rd
Another 40 minutes or so.


Monday, July 4th - Independence Day
10 minutes of spinning was had.


Tuesday, July 5th
15 minutes before everyone woke up... blissful.


I'm really starting to love this yak.

Wednesday, July 6th
20 minutes.


Thursday, July 7th
15 minutes this morning.


With less than 1/8 ounce to go, it's almost disappointing that this yarn isn't finished today, but this tour is not about quantity.


It's about spinning quality every day for at least 10 minutes. So far, so good.  :-)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yak...hmmm...I think I have some in my stash too. Might just have to start that next :)