Friday, September 9, 2016

Fiber Arts Friday: New Socks

At the end of March I stopped by the Interweave Yarn Fest.  I was in search of supplies for my loom.  I found those and also came out with a little roving and yarn... only one of each, so I really do mean "a little."  :-)

For someone who prefers natural colors, I find it interesting that when I do buy yarn, it is often a pop of color.  I suppose it makes sense since I can spin my own yarn and I'm not too interested in becoming a dyer.  ;-)


Yoth Yarns is a relatively new brand with great presentation.  I loved the industrial feeling of their display furniture and color palette.  Which made the few non-steel-like colors really pop out.


The orange made me think of Hubba, so I brought home one skein of "Little Brother," a fingering weight of squooshy Superwash Merino, Cashmere and Nylon.


I thought I might make him a hat, but he said he preferred socks.... so I wound the skein into a cake, weighed it and then broke the cake into two... 50g each.


I considered trying two-at-a-time socks but given the fact that I have yet to be affected by SSS (Second Sock Syndrome) and I had a trip coming up, I decided that one at a time would be easier to handle on the airplane.


I am using US#2 (2.75mm) and the Sock It To Me pattern.  So far I have worked both socks to the end of the foot and am into the second gusset.


Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I'd call that knitting method 'two at a time',

Unknown said...

I love orange!! I would paint a wall that color if Hubster would let me. Alas, he won't.

MarmePurl said...

Socks are such great traveling projects. Love the color~